10 Ways To Make Selling Your House Easier
1. Shape-Up Your Lawn. Be sure your lawn is trimmed and edged, flower beds cultivated and your lawn free of debris.
2. Let There Be Light. Check and double-check all bathrooms and bedrooms. Make sure they are bright and airy.
3. Showcase Your Kitchen. Your kitchen should be gleaming and spotless. A neat and clean kitchen impresses potential buyers.
4. Brighten Up. Check all walls, ceilings, and woodwork. If they're dirty or faded, wash or repaint where needed. It's a small investment that can bring an easier sale.
5. Top to Bottom. Get rid of unnecessary articles in your attic and basement. Arrange the remaining articles neatly to show this space to its best advantage.
6. Closet Space. Closets appear larger when arranged neatly. Hang clothes properly and organize shoes and hats.
7. Nip the Drip. Fix those faucets. If you don't, your prospect could think you have faulty plumbing.
8. It's the Little Things. Take care of those sticky drawers, loose doorknobs and warped cabinet doors.
9. Clean! Clean! Clean! Bright windows and spotless rooms help sell your house. Keep rooms furnished to allow the buyer to visualize the potential of the house.
10. Night Lights. When showing after dark, turn on all lights through out the house. A well lit house gives the feeling of friendliness and warmth. If your home will be vacant during the listing period, check light bulbs periodically, and leave lamps in rooms without over-head lighting.